In 2014, Glashütte Original introduced the new Seventies Chronograph Panorama Date, the most recent addition to its popular 20th Century Vintage Collection, featuring an entirely new chronograph movement designed and built in the German watchmaker’s manufactory in Glashütte.
Glashütte Original created the Seventies Panorama Date with the 1970s in mind, an era of exciting new shapes and developments in design.
The Seventies Chronograph Panorama Date renews the spirit of the collection, presenting essential, elegant dial visuals: the small seconds dial with black and white power reserve indicator appears at 9 o’clock, the 30 minute counter at 3 o’clock.
A somewhat smaller, very stylish hour counter shows Arabic numerals from 1 to 12 in a window centred just below 12 o'clock, harmoniously counter-balanced on the lower half of the dial by the Saxon watchmaker’s signature Panorama Date display.
The indexes are in white gold, the hour and minute hands in white gold with Super-LumiNova highlights for improved legibility.
The dials are framed by a polished, soft-cornered square bezel and satin brushed case in stainless steel that underscores the distinctive, vintage Seventies look and feel.
- Crystal: Scratch Resistant Sapphire
- Case: stainless steel, crown with double-G logo, sapphire crystals on top and bottom
- Dial: Blue
- Water resistance: 100m/330ft
- Size: Case Diameter: 40 mm X 40 mm
- Band Material: Alligator/Crocodile Leather
- Movement Caliber: Glashutte Calibre 37-02
- Power Reserve of 70 hours.
- German Made
- Type: Automatic
- Panorama Date: over-sized 2-disc date window located above the 6 o'clock position.
- Small seconds sub-dial located at the 9 o'clock position.
- Fine printed minute/seconds & seconds-fractions track on dial perimeter.