It was with OMEGA’s maritime legacy in mind that the brand launched its Planet Ocean line in 2005. The stylish OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M Master Chronometer Chronograph pays homage to OMEGA’s dive watch heritage. This model, with its scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, features a blue ceramic dial with Arabic numerals and a date window at the 6 o’clock position. The dial presents a small seconds sub-dial, as well as 60-minute and 12-hour counters on one dial for intuitive reading of elapsed time. The blue ceramic unidirectional rotating divers’ bezel, with its OMEGA Ceragold™ diving scale, is mounted on a 45.5 mm 18K Sedna™ gold and stainless steel case. Other features include an alveol screw-in caseback and an 18K Sedna™ gold and stainless steel bracelet with patented extendable foldover clasp. The OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M Master Chronometer Chronograph is water resistant to 60 bar (600 metres / 2000 feet), and has a helium-escape valve. The OMEGA Master Chronometer calibre 9900 at the heart of this timepiece can be seen through the transparent caseback. To achieve Master Chronometer status, it has passed the 8 rigorous tests set by METAS (The Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology).
- Crystal: Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Case: Steel - Sedna Gold
- Dial: Blue
- Water resistance: 60 bar (600 metres / 2000 feet)
- Size: Case Diameter: 45.5 mm
- Calibre: Omega 9900
- Self-winding chronograph movement with column wheel mechanism and Co-Axial escapement. Movement and watch tested according to Master Chronometer certification process approved by METAS. Resistant to magnetic fields reaching 15,000 gauss. Silicon balance-spring on free sprung-balance, 2 barrels mounted in series, automatic winding in both directions, time zone function. Central hour, minute and chronograph seconds hands, small seconds hand and 12-hour and 60-minute recorders. Rhodium plated finish with Geneva waves in arabesque.
- Power reserve: 60 hours
- Type: Self winding
- Helium escape valve
- Screw-in crown
- Small seconds
- Transparent case back
- Unidirectional rotating bezel